Monday, July 27, 2009

Snails Everywhere

My parent's backyard was full of snails. The kids had a blast collecting and studying them. They built little houses, fed and even accidentally killed them. Apparently snails do not like living in covered houses. :) I didn't know that either, and the next day they had turned all bubbly. They also do not like swimming pools, but by the time I discovered the pool the snails had already drowned. I suggested we just build a house without a roof, but the very next day the snails were gone - I wonder why! :) From then on we just gathered them and studied them, because we learned it is best to just have them live their own way and that they can't be kept as pets. Sorry to all creepy creature lovers out there who feel this is one step too far....but then think about those people who love escargot!

One of the snail houses.
Leea loves little creatures. She was out in the backyard "taking care" of the snails a lot.
This is at my friend Ulla's place. The kids in her neighborhood are into snails as well...

1 comment:

Latter-day Runner said...

The snails are much cuter than the snakes!