Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's about time...

...to write my first post on this blog. It has only been months since this blog was created. We're very excited to share some Westfall family happenings with family and friends through this blog. What a great way to (re)connect. I love reading friends' blogs and getting to know them better. The last few years have been very hard to keep everyone updated and write each person individually. We usually send out an annual Christmas/Easter letter, but we want you guys to feel more included by reading frequent updates.

I, Rebecca, will be writing most of the posts, all in English, my second language. This will help me to learn to express myself better in English and hopefully learn a few more words. This is a real challenge for me. I've lived in this country for almost 6 years now, but I have had the feeling that I really need to improve and expand my vocabulary to decrease the times of being misunderstood and misunderstanding people. It will also help my family to have no excuse to learn English better, an important skill in the world nowadays. Plus if it was in German a ton of people would have no idea what it says. This way you have to get the dictionary out and translate. Really, I only want the best for you, mom! :)

No comments: