Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hoppy Easter!

Isn't this a beautiful picture? I love that Christ's face is right in the middle of the blossoming branches. As with every Christian holiday, I want us all to remember that Christ is the central part of it. I think this picture captured it very well.

These easter twigs are a tradition we already had growing up in Germany. Every year a few weeks before Easter, we'd clip young branches off some tree that would blossom, put them into a vase full of water and hung up wooden eggs. The ones pictured are vintage wooden eggs from the Erzgebirge, that I found new on the net here in the States. I'm so happy for the conveniences the internet has to offer, so I can feel homey a little bit more.

We went to the Truman State University annual Easter egg hunt. Unfortunately it was so cold, that we just gathered some eggs and left without seeing the human sized bunny.

Here's little Noa being proud of his eggs.

Ava's basket broke, but she couldn't gather eggs and hold the basket at the same time anyway, so I helped her.

Here are Leea and Luca. They were so cold and just wanted to get home. Unfortunately we forgot to bring their gloves.

I have been cleaning up at home for the move and found some Christmas paper in Easter colors that needed to be used. The kids didn't even realize it. :)

These are our favorite chocolate Easter bunnies. I was so happy that WalMart carries them. When I was a kid, they used to have little bells on them. German chocolate it THE best. :)


Here's our living room Easter egg hunt video.


4 comments:

Stefanie Panhuyzen said...

Euch auch hoppy easter and you're somebunny special! Eure kids sind so süss! Wir haben Schnee zu Ostern! Ist echt kalt hier - so wie bei euch. Freut mich, dass ihr einen neuen Ort gefunden habt! Viel Erfolg bei den Vorbereitungen!

Pattie said...

CUTE BLOG....

Unknown said...

Looks like you had such a fun Easter! The hunt looks like it was cold! But you look pretty in the picture. I love your easter tree!

valerie said...

Beautiful egg tree Rebecca! I love it. Your kids have grown so much since I last saw them. Cute Easter pictures too!