Thursday, September 4, 2008

Aunt Des Visits Us

Lincoln's sister Desiree got a couple weeks off from PA school and decided to visit family and friends around Spokane and Seattle and go rock climbing in Squamish. Her hubby Dylan, who's in med-school, had his vacation earlier, so he unfortunately couldn't come. Des is so fun to be around and one of the buffest people I know. Every time I see her, I set myself new fitness goals!

Des, Ava and the "fly eye"
Ava in soccer action
Des and Leea
Lincoln's brother Jacob and Noa.
Luca really wanted to go rock climbing with auntie Des. He got all his gear (bob the builder gloves, a pick aka rake from the sandbox and some ropes) together and was so upset, when it didn't work out to go rock climbing together, like we had planned to.
Des, Leea and Noa on our new Plasma cars. They work like a champ on our wood-floor.
Even though rock climbing didn't work out, Lincoln, Des and the older kids went hiking and huckleberry picking on Gisborne Mountain in the Selkirk Mountains in Idaho, almost 2 hours north of here. There was no cell phone reception, everything smelled so fresh and clean, and the views were gorgeous. Now I kind of regret not having gone. I'll have to do it next year.




They're delicious fresh or in muffins. I find them to be a mix between red currants and blueberries in taste, and Lincoln thinks they're even better than blueberries in pancakes, especially being so crisp and juicy. It's hard to pick them, but they got a full gallon of these precious berries. They run for $35-$50/gallon. Lincoln was hoping they could pick more and sell them for profit, but it's actually pretty slow picking, especially when you eat a lot of what you pick. :) The kids had a great time and will hopefully never forget the experience.


Thanks for coming, Des! We love you! :)

2 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Oooh, those look delicious! Rebecca, you are a really good photographer!!!

Unknown said...

I agree, your pictures are awesome! Your kids are gorgeous.

I would go hiking with my family and pick huckleberries when I was younger. They are really yummy!