Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh the things that they do and say

Luca: "Mom, what kind of meat is this?"
"chicken breast"
Luca: "Do you think this breast still has some milk in it?"
"em, no"
--------
We were in a hurry before school and the kids ate their breakfast alone while I got dressed and Lincoln got the twins downstairs. He proceeded into the dining room and saw Luca and Leea all crunched up on their chairs, very close to their bowls of cereal and munching it all up very fast with animal-like sounds.
Linc:"What are you doing?"
Luca: "We're pretending we're dust mites eating cradle cap"

The kids know I'm allergic to dust mites and were interested in what dust mites are and what they eat, so we had a little lesson on them before the above mentioned situation happened. Our kids still have cradle cap (dunno why, but I try hard to get rid of it, but it keeps coming back) and I told them that dust mites eat that and skin pieces that fall off of humans. Pretty gross, I know! :)

I just found pieces of paper with old stuff on them:

I think this is my very favorite one. A couple of weeks after I had the twins and still and enormous belly Luca (then 3) looked at it observantly and said:"Mom (pause), I think there are still a few more babies in there."
--------
Here's another one from a couple years ago. Leea (then 2) had a phase when she would constantly pretend she's a man. Luca and Leea played dinosaurs when Luca asked: "Leea, are you a T-Rex?" "No, I'm not a T-Rex, I'm JUST a man."
--------
Luca and Leea looked out of the window and said something like this, when somebody went by on a bike. Luca:"Look, Leea, there's a woman on a bike". Leea:"No, she's a MAN like me."
--------
Luca (then3): "Papa, I like you. You're SO pretty."

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I love being able to remember those types of things. Kids surely say the darndest things. And yours are particularly cute.

christine said...

You're kids are so funny.

I'm so glad that I checked the SAA website today. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were.

Melody said...

So cute~! I love posts like this.

Nells said...

Aren't kids the cutest! I love the things they say. We miss you guys a ton!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, you had me laughing right out loud on all of these! The milk in the chicken breast - haha! And the kids pretending to be dust mites - very gross! Haha! I loved reading this.

DeAnne said...

How cute! I cannot believe how grown up your kids are now! What a beautiful family!

DeGooyer Family said...

What a good mommy you are, Rebecca!!

Unknown said...

I love the chicken breast comment. Love it. You're kids are so cute.

I've been loving our lunch box system! I am so glad you recommended it!!