Friday, September 5, 2008

My new project

I found this awesome huge old window in the trash a couples days before we left Kirksville. I had been searching for one in antique stores and they run for about $25 in way smaller sizes. I had to have one with panes, they have great potential for a decorating frame or even a picture frame. My friend Melody used hers (without glass) for decorating for Halloween and Christmas and put spider webs and snow flakes in hers. Another friend put her menu on one and made a picture frame out of the other. Hers still had the glass in them. Mine came with broken colored glass, so I had to get rid of it. I am hoping to maybe put some new glass in it and then make it into a picture frame. Of course I don't want it to be too costly. We'll see.
This reminds me of the annual Kirksville clean up. Oh, how I miss those treasures in the Ville (luckily now we have craigslist).Once a year in springtime people put out their junk for spring clean up. Within hours most of the stuff would be gone. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Really. So I put these totally broken wooden chairs outside and they were gone within an hour. I found a Little Tykes kiddie pool boat once and then a Little Tykes cube slide another time. My favorite part is the story with a vacuum cleaner. Ashley had found one and discovered it really didn't work anymore. I think it was super loud and dusty or something. She put it on her curb and found it gone soon. The next day she found it in front of somebody else's house in the neighborhood. This is classic. Melody and Charyce would find the coolest things and use them for art projects or simply repainted them. I think that's where I got my inspiration to get creative with old things. Thank you gals! :)

1 comment:

Melody said...

cool!! I still use all my window and many other treasures I found. I miss the clean up too. You found a cool window.